Manufactured Home Installation – Online Training
MHEI offers online training for installers of manufactured homes to meet the education requirements for licensing of manufactured home installers or for continuing education purposes. MHEI also provides online training for HUD Installers and Inspectors who are looking to become certified.
- Get more information on training and inspecting for installers in Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Nevada and New Mexico to meet training requirements for either initial installer licensing or continuing education credits. Get more information on training and inspecting for installers for approved states.
- Get more information on HUD Approved Installer Training for the HUD Manufactured Housing Installation Program. HUD approved states include: Alaska, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont and Wyoming. Get more information on training and inspecting for HUD.
The MHIA of 2000 requires manufactured home installers to be trained and licensed. Most states run their own licensing program but, currently, the federal government oversees installer training and licensing in 14 states. MHEI is the only approved provider of online installer training for these states.
If you have questions about registration, contact Lee Krinzman at LKrinzman@mfghome.org
- High Tech Factory Built Housing Deserves High Tech Installation
- Principles of Load-Bearing Capacity
- The Importance of Proper Site Preparation
- Planning Your Route to the Home Site
- How to Correct and Prevent Drainage Problems
- Soil Testing
- Determining the Proper Footings and Piers
- Stabilizing or Anchoring Systems
- Using the Wind Zone Map, Roof Load Map and U/O Value Zone Map
- Information on the Data Plate
- Reading Installation Manual Charts
- The Importance of Proper Ventilation
- Proper Installation of Ductwork
- Proper Support of Marriage Line Openings
- Side-Wall Weight – Consideration of Homeowner Possessions
- Planning for Moving the Home Onto Its Foundation
- Closing and Securing Multi-Section Homes
- Leveling the Home
- Symptoms of Installation Problems
- Connecting the Home to Utilities and Appliances
- Proper Installation of Add-Ons
- Safety Considerations for the Installer