Through our new webinar program, MHI provides high-quality education and training without leaving your home or office.
2021 Webinar Series
Sponsored by MHVillage/Datacomp
Best Practices for Successfully Developing a Manufactured Housing Community
August 26, 2021 from 2:00 – 3:00 PM Eastern
Cost: $25 for non-members; MHI members – email firstname.lastname@example.org for free registration code
MHI will continue to offer a broad range of programming presented by subject matter experts. These webinars are a convenient and cost-effective way to deliver training to multiple staff in all parts of the country.
- Advancing Manufactured Housing Issues in Washington – (members only)
July 15, 2021: The demand for increasing the affordable housing supply has reached a fever pitch in Washington, as the President and Congress seek to expand the American Dream of homeownership and promote fair housing opportunities for all. It is a time of opportunity for the industry, and MHI is keeping manufactured housing at the forefront of policymakers’ dialogue as they seek ways the federal government can support the production of more affordable housing across the country. MHI’s CEO Dr. Lesli Gooch, and MHI’s Senior Vice President of Policy, Megan Booth detail how MHI is ensuring the manufactured housing industry is well-positioned to be a part of federal considerations about addressing our nation’s housing challenges and how we are elevating the industry’s priorities.
- Legal Trends, Media Tips & Best Practices for Manufactured Housing Community Owners and Operators – (members only)
June 16, 2021: Hear about trends in legislation and regulations such as source of income, land use restrictions, and fair housing. Learn how to tell your story to create a positive perception of land-lease communities among policymakers, media and potential customers. Molly Boyle of Front Porch Media Group, Jody Gabel of Lutz, Bobo & Telfair, P.A, and Gena Paugh of Hometown America Communities share their insights about trends they are currently seeing in the market, where the industry is headed and best practices for creating a resident-focused community culture.
- CDC Federal Eviction Moratorium and Emergency Rental Assistance – What You Need to Know (members only)
May 26, 2021: Attendees heard the latest developments surrounding the CDC’s eviction moratorium and what all the recent court decisions mean for your business. Learn how states are implementing their rental assistance programs and how residents and community owners can access these funds. Harry Kelly, a partner at the preeminent DC firm Nixon Peabody, LLC, and Jennifer Schwartz, Director of Tax and Housing Advocacy at the National Council of State Housing Agencies discussed these topics and answered live questions from the audience.
- Today’s Manufactured Home Financing Process – What Retailers Need to Know (members only)
May 20, 2021: This webinar presented by Corey Jestice of 21stMortgage Corporation and Chris Turturro of Cascade Financial Services discusses retail finance. As home sellers, retailers have a role in helping consumers secure financing for their home purchase. These manufactured home lenders, joined by MHI’s Dr. Lesli Gooch, discuss today’s mortgage financing options and what retailers need to know to help their customer purchase the homes of their dreams.
- Navigating the Market in 2021: Strong Demand, Limited Supply, and Increasing Prices (members only)
April 22, 2021: Even while the COVID-19 health crisis caused a national recession, the demand for housing has exploded. While there is strong consumer demand for manufactured housing, supply chain challenges and labor shortages have impacted availability and home prices. Factory backlogs range from 6 months to a full year. This discussion, facilitated by MHI’s CEO, Dr. Lesli Gooch and led by MHI President, Mark Bowersox included Greg Moeller of LIPPERT Components and Matt Niño of Cavco Industries as they discuss the issues and what others are doing to overcome these challengers during the booming housing market.
- What the 2020 Federal Election Results Mean for Manufactured Housing (members only) November 16, 2020: MHI is the national trade association that represents every segment of the factory-built housing industry in Washington. Our job is to tout manufactured housing to policymakers across the political spectrum and our effective advocacy efforts ensure that the manufactured housing industry’s policy priorities are addressed no matter which political party is in power. Hear from MHI’s CEO, Dr. Lesli Gooch, as she discusses the results of the 2020 election and MHI’s plans to elevate innovative housing among policymakers so they can help us expand attainable homeownership through manufactured housing. Download the PowerPoint Presentation (members only).
- Education Makes a Good Community Manager Great (members only) September 29, 2020: Amy Bliss of the Wisconsin Housing Alliance and Ross Kinzler of Pin Point Strategies discuss how community managers are at the front-line of ensuring a MHC is well-maintained, revenue is collected, expenses are reasonable and residents are happy. Their professionalism and knowledge can positively impact every facet of the community, including the customer experience, preventative maintenance, financial management, and effective leasing and sales techniques. Learn about MHC-specific education that is available to community managers and how these programs turn good community managers into great community managers. Download the PowerPoint Presentation (members only).
- Developing Land Lease Manufactured Home Communities for the Future (members only) September 10, 2020: Hear from Scott Roberts of Roberts Resorts and Communities as he discusses how new land-lease communities can be developed to compete with modern apartments and site built communities. In this webinar you will learn planning and development techniques from a community owner that is having success in developing new manufactured home communities by overcoming obstacles such as planning, zoning and developing. Download the PowerPoint Presentation (members only).
- Federal Eviction Moratorium Webinar (members only) September 4, 2020: Listen in to hear about the CDC’s order temporarily halting residential evictions for failure to pay rent until December 31, 2020. Richard Michael Price, partner at Nixon Peabody, LLP, provides an overview of the order and answered questions from attendees. Price is the preeminent attorney in Washington guiding the national rental housing coalition through the COVID-19 pandemic and impacts of federal policies on landlords. He has dedicated his long career in real estate finance and regulation to assist non-profit organizations, private companies and government agencies with affordable and rural housing and community development, administrative law and legislation.
- Service and Emotional Support Animals: The ADA vs. the Fair Housing Act (members only, audio only available) August 27, 2020: This webinar is designed to provide participants with an overview of the American with Disabilities Act and the Fair Housing Act as they impact manufactured housing communities’ policies, operations and residents with concern to “service” and emotional support animals. Panelists address the issues that arise out of requests for service animals and emotional support animals, as well as other reasonable accommodation requests within the manufactured housing industry. Participants will gain the necessary information to mitigate potential legal violations or litigation in their communities. Presented by: David Eastman, Lutz, Bobo & Telfair P.A.; Matthew Paletz, Paletz Law; and John Pentecost, Hart King. Download the PowerPoint presentation (members only).
- “Not Your Grandmother’s Manufactured Home” and Why It Shouldn’t Be (members only) August 19, 2020: David Franzoni of Family Homes discusses with attendees why building and marketing manufactured homes as strictly “affordable alternatives” is not the only game in town. More consumers today want state of the art, high-end quality, accompanied with a great experience. From start to finish David will show you how. No matter what aspect of the manufactured housing industry you are a part of, knowing what consumers want, knowing how it’s done, and knowing what can be done, can only broaden your understanding of today’s market. Download the PowerPoint presentation (members only).
- Managing Your Online Reputation (members only) August 6, 2020: Hear from Darren Krowleski of MHVillage as he discusses the importance of online ratings and reviews. With more than 75% of consumers basing decisions on reviews, your potential customers are going to research you online before doing business. What does your online reputation say about your organization? In this informative session, you’ll learn best practices to take control of your digital footprint, respond to negative reviews and comments, and encourage a positive online reputation that supports your sales and marketing efforts. Download the PowerPoint presentation (members only).
- OUTSIDE the Box – A Solution to the Affordable Housing Crisis (members only) July 30, 2020: Aaron Potter of UMH Properties, Inc. educates the industry about the current housing market and how manufactured housing is prime to take advantage of such situations. The affordable housing crisis is a serious one that could have detrimental effects on the country and economy if not dealt with properly. Manufactured housing is affordable workforce housing that stands ready to supply the needed housing for Americans. During this session, the critical secondary resale market for manufactured homes is addressed along with an interview by Eugene Landy, founder and Chairman of UMH Properties. Download the PowerPoint presentation (members only).
Manufactured Housing Tech: Improving Business Operations Through Digital Practices (members only) June 30, 2020: Hear from Brandon Mears of Zego, Mike Niebauer of Rent Manager, Tony Shriner of iamGIS and Jonathan Tuttle of Revenue Ascend as they discuss the many ways you can implement and leverage digital platforms to attract and retain quality residents and staff. Utilizing basic business technology isn’t new, but the ability to connect with residents and drive digital adoption from end-to-end is a strategic advantage that many manufactured housing communities have yet to adopt. It’s no longer enough to offer digital technologies as an option for on-site staff and residents, you must actively drive your users to adopt new systems to experience comprehensive operational benefits and value. Download the PowerPoint presentation (members only).
Developing with Manufactured Housing (members only) June 17, 2020: The Developer Webinar presented by Donald Westphal, Donald C. Westphal Associates, LLC, Nadi Design, Roderick Knoll, Manufactured Housing Resources Group and Emeka Nnadi, Donald C. Westphal Associates, LLC, Nadi Design educates and provides industry industry knowledge for builders and developers considering factory-built housing to save time and money on their projects. This two-hour webinar delivers a virtual opportunity to explore a wide spectrum of topics that includes site selection, pro forma, a land lease case study and the impacts of COVID-19 on MH real estate development. Download the PowerPoint presentation (members only).
Present a Webinar with MHI
MHI invites subject matter experts in the manufactured housing industry to share their knowledge by delivering timely, relevant and engaging information to those who work in the rapidly changing field of manufactured housing. As we look to expand the range and scope of our programming, who better to learn from than the industry experts? To become a presenter, download and complete the form. All completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com.