Through our new webinar program, MHI provides high-quality education and training without leaving your home or office.
Check back soon for more upcoming webinars!
MHI will continue to offer a broad range of programming presented by subject matter experts. These webinars are a convenient and cost-effective way to deliver training to multiple staff in all parts of the country.
- Fair Housing 101 (members only): Fair Housing 101 presented by MHI’s Rick Robinson is more than just an interactive class on how the Fair Housing Act impacts manufactured home community owners and operators. This fast-paced session offers valuable “Best Practices” on how to avoid corporate and personal liability for a costly Fair Housing Claim.
- Civil Rights FHA Issues (members only): The Civil Rights FHA Issues webinar presented by John Pentecost & Bill Dahlin from Hart | King offers attendees valuable insights on FHA/ADA regulations at manufactured home communities. Community Owners and Managers are encouraged to hear about FHA/ADA lawsuits and how to protect your community from them. Discussions range from top FHA/ADA “claim” violations to what you as an owner should watch out for.
- Top Advocacy Priorities for MHI in 2019 (members only): Hear about top advocacy priorities for 2019 from Dr. Lesli Gooch, Executive Vice President of Government Affairs and Chief Lobbyist at MHI. Dr. Gooch discusses the political and policy dynamics in Washington, D.C. No matter which political party is in power, MHI has secured champions across government so that federal rules and regulations support the industry’s efforts to provide quality homes at affordable prices.
- Mobilehome Park Repairs & Maintenance: What is Required or Not Required (members only): Learn what is required when making repairs and conducting maintenance to keep your mobilehome property in code compliance and a “habitable” condition. Laws vary from state to state, even from city to city, but knowing what “adequate” property conditions are lawful is critical. This webinar includes issues such as infrastructure for water, sewer, electricity, gas as well as overall cleanliness, and structurally sound common areas. Proper repair and maintenance will prevent the park from a number of consequences from your local housing authority, as well as local health and fire departments.
- Emotional Assistance Animals (members only): Roosters, Alligators and Peacocks – Oh My! MHI General Counsel Rick Robinson discusses what you need to know about reasonable accommodations for emotional assistance animals. Topics will include the legal basis under the Fair Housing Act, community policies, the interactive process, denial of an accommodation and how state legislatures are making misrepresentation a crime.
Present a Webinar with MHI
MHI invites subject matter experts in the manufactured housing industry to share their knowledge by delivering timely, relevant and engaging information to those who work in the rapidly changing field of manufactured housing. As we look to expand the range and scope of our programming, who better to learn from than the industry experts? To become a presenter, download and complete the form. All completed forms should be emailed to Lee Krinzman at email@example.com.