Through our new webinar program, MHI provides high-quality education and training without leaving your home or office.
The State of the Housing Market and Implications for Manufactured Housing
December 15, 2020 from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST
Cost: $25 member/non-member
Presented by: Sam Khater, Vice President and Chief Economist, Freddie Mac
Sam Khater, Vice President & Chief Economist of Freddie Mac, will discuss recent developments in the U.S. economy, including housing trends, as well as the impact of the pandemic on the housing market and what to expect in 2021. He will also share insights about the manufactured housing market, opportunities for growth, and how manufactured housing can help address the affordable housing shortage in the country.
- Cancellations must be received in writing and may be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Refunds will not be provided.
MHI will continue to offer a broad range of programming presented by subject matter experts. These webinars are a convenient and cost-effective way to deliver training to multiple staff in all parts of the country.
- What the 2020 Federal Election Results Mean for Manufactured Housing (members only) November 16, 2020: MHI is the national trade association that represents every segment of the factory-built housing industry in Washington. Our job is to tout manufactured housing to policymakers across the political spectrum and our effective advocacy efforts ensure that the manufactured housing industry’s policy priorities are addressed no matter which political party is in power. Hear from MHI’s CEO, Dr. Lesli Gooch, as she discusses the results of the 2020 election and MHI’s plans to elevate innovative housing among policymakers so they can help us expand attainable homeownership through manufactured housing. Download the PowerPoint Presentation (members only).
- Education Makes a Good Community Manager Great (members only) September 29, 2020: Amy Bliss of the Wisconsin Housing Alliance and Ross Kinzler of Pin Point Strategies discuss how community managers are at the front-line of ensuring a MHC is well-maintained, revenue is collected, expenses are reasonable and residents are happy. Their professionalism and knowledge can positively impact every facet of the community, including the customer experience, preventative maintenance, financial management, and effective leasing and sales techniques. Learn about MHC-specific education that is available to community managers and how these programs turn good community managers into great community managers. Download the PowerPoint Presentation (members only).
- Developing Land Lease Manufactured Home Communities for the Future (members only) September 10, 2020: Hear from Scott Roberts of Roberts Resorts and Communities as he discusses how new land-lease communities can be developed to compete with modern apartments and site built communities. In this webinar you will learn planning and development techniques from a community owner that is having success in developing new manufactured home communities by overcoming obstacles such as planning, zoning and developing. Download the PowerPoint Presentation (members only).
- Federal Eviction Moratorium Webinar (members only) September 4, 2020: Listen in to hear about the CDC’s order temporarily halting residential evictions for failure to pay rent until December 31, 2020. Richard Michael Price, partner at Nixon Peabody, LLP, provides an overview of the order and answered questions from attendees. Price is the preeminent attorney in Washington guiding the national rental housing coalition through the COVID-19 pandemic and impacts of federal policies on landlords. He has dedicated his long career in real estate finance and regulation to assist non-profit organizations, private companies and government agencies with affordable and rural housing and community development, administrative law and legislation.
- Service and Emotional Support Animals: The ADA vs. the Fair Housing Act (members only, audio only available) August 27, 2020: This webinar is designed to provide participants with an overview of the American with Disabilities Act and the Fair Housing Act as they impact manufactured housing communities’ policies, operations and residents with concern to “service” and emotional support animals. Panelists address the issues that arise out of requests for service animals and emotional support animals, as well as other reasonable accommodation requests within the manufactured housing industry. Participants will gain the necessary information to mitigate potential legal violations or litigation in their communities. Presented by: David Eastman, Lutz, Bobo & Telfair P.A.; Matthew Paletz, Paletz Law; and John Pentecost, Hart King. Download the PowerPoint presentation (members only).
- “Not Your Grandmother’s Manufactured Home” and Why It Shouldn’t Be (members only) August 19, 2020: David Franzoni of Family Homes discusses with attendees why building and marketing manufactured homes as strictly “affordable alternatives” is not the only game in town. More consumers today want state of the art, high-end quality, accompanied with a great experience. From start to finish David will show you how. No matter what aspect of the manufactured housing industry you are a part of, knowing what consumers want, knowing how it’s done, and knowing what can be done, can only broaden your understanding of today’s market. Download the PowerPoint presentation (members only).
- Managing Your Online Reputation (members only) August 6, 2020: Hear from Darren Krowleski of MHVillage as he discusses the importance of online ratings and reviews. With more than 75% of consumers basing decisions on reviews, your potential customers are going to research you online before doing business. What does your online reputation say about your organization? In this informative session, you’ll learn best practices to take control of your digital footprint, respond to negative reviews and comments, and encourage a positive online reputation that supports your sales and marketing efforts. Download the PowerPoint presentation (members only).
- OUTSIDE the Box – A Solution to the Affordable Housing Crisis (members only) July 30, 2020: Aaron Potter of UMH Properties, Inc. educates the industry about the current housing market and how manufactured housing is prime to take advantage of such situations. The affordable housing crisis is a serious one that could have detrimental effects on the country and economy if not dealt with properly. Manufactured housing is affordable workforce housing that stands ready to supply the needed housing for Americans. During this session, the critical secondary resale market for manufactured homes is addressed along with an interview by Eugene Landy, founder and Chairman of UMH Properties. Download the PowerPoint presentation (members only).
Manufactured Housing Tech: Improving Business Operations Through Digital Practices (members only) June 30, 2020: Hear from Brandon Mears of Zego, Mike Niebauer of Rent Manager, Tony Shriner of iamGIS and Jonathan Tuttle of Revenue Ascend as they discuss the many ways you can implement and leverage digital platforms to attract and retain quality residents and staff. Utilizing basic business technology isn’t new, but the ability to connect with residents and drive digital adoption from end-to-end is a strategic advantage that many manufactured housing communities have yet to adopt. It’s no longer enough to offer digital technologies as an option for on-site staff and residents, you must actively drive your users to adopt new systems to experience comprehensive operational benefits and value. Download the PowerPoint presentation (members only).
Developing with Manufactured Housing (members only) June 17, 2020: The Developer Webinar presented by Donald Westphal, Donald C. Westphal Associates, LLC, Nadi Design, Roderick Knoll, Manufactured Housing Resources Group and Emeka Nnadi, Donald C. Westphal Associates, LLC, Nadi Design educates and provides industry industry knowledge for builders and developers considering factory-built housing to save time and money on their projects. This two-hour webinar delivers a virtual opportunity to explore a wide spectrum of topics that includes site selection, pro forma, a land lease case study and the impacts of COVID-19 on MH real estate development. Download the PowerPoint presentation (members only).
Present a Webinar with MHI
MHI invites subject matter experts in the manufactured housing industry to share their knowledge by delivering timely, relevant and engaging information to those who work in the rapidly changing field of manufactured housing. As we look to expand the range and scope of our programming, who better to learn from than the industry experts? To become a presenter, download and complete the form. All completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.