MHI 2017 National Awards
MHI Names 2017 National Industry Award Recipients for Manufactured and Modular Home Design, Retailers and Communities
Note: Links to photos and more details about each awardee are at the end of the article
(LAS VEGAS — May 3, 2017) An annual highlight of the Congress and Expo for Manufactured and Modular Housing is recognizing excellence in the manufactured and modular housing industries. Each year the Manufactured Housing Institute honors those who provide home ownership to America’s working families. The award recipients are committed to providing more value, better products and excellent customer service.
MHI presented members of the manufactured and modular housing industries with awards for outstanding achievements on May 2 and 3 during its National Communities Council Spring Forum 2017 and National Congress and Expo for Manufactured and Modular Housing in Las Vegas.
“Through hard work and determination, these award winners are leading the way in providing outstanding products, customer service, creative solutions and state of the art homes for today’s homebuyers,” said MHI President & CEO Richard Jennison. “They are being recognized today for their leadership, vision and dedication to enhancing and moving the manufactured and modular housing industries forward.”
Jennison added, “These award-winning homes rival other housing styles on the market today, and the land-lease community owners take great pride in the investments they have made to make their communities a place residents are proud to call home.”
The 2017 awardees accomplishments include:
– responding to community residents’ wants and needs by adding dog parks and upgrading a playground to a splash park
– creating a good work environment and decreasing environmental waste
– designing homes for the sight-impaired
– showing how to decorate on a budget with upcycled items
– designing air conditioning to efficiently cool smaller homes
– streamlining lending processes for a better customer experience
MHI National Awards
Every year industry leaders vote for the companies that are considered the best in their industry sector. The recipients have shown leadership and commitment to the industry during the last year and were chosen by their peers to be honored with the prestigious manufactured housing national industry awards.
– Manufacturer of the Year, Three Plants or More: Clayton Home Building Group, Maryville, TN
– Manufacturer of the Year, Two Plants or Less: Adventure Homes LLC, Garrett, IN
– National Lender of the Year: 21st Mortgage Corporation, Knoxville, TN
– Regional Lender of the Year: Cascade Financial Services, LLC, Gilbert, AZ
– Floor Plan Lender of the Year: 21st Mortgage Corporation, Knoxville, TN
– Manufactured Home Community Operator of the Year: YES! Communities, Denver, CO
– Manufactured Home Community Lender of the Year: Wells Fargo Bank, Carlsbad, CA
– Manufactured Home Community Broker of the Year: ARA Newmark MHC Group, Denver, CO
– Supplier of the Year: Style Crest, Inc., Fremont, OH
The winners of the Land-Lease Community of the Year and Retail Sales Center of the Year categories submit entries that are judged by a panel of professionals from the planning, community development, realtor, homebuilding and marketing professions. Awards are given in four regions of the country.
Land-Lease Community of the Year Awards
The Land-Lease Community of the Year entries were judged based on a written statement supplied by the entrant, community aesthetics, marketing materials, site plan of the community, community and industry involvement, and the lease and covenants. The following communities received Land Lease Community of the Year awards:
– Northeast/Mid-Atlantic: Port Royal Village, Belle Vernon, PA
– South: Eagle Creek, Tyler, TX
– Midwest: Millstone Pond, Lenox, MI
– West: Kloshe Illahee, Federal Way, WA
Learn more and view photos of each Land-Lease Community of the Year
Retail Sales Center of the Year award recipients
The “Retail Sales Center of the Year” award entries were judged based on an entry statement, management philosophy, retail center aesthetics, marketing materials and community and industry involvement. The following retailers were named Retail Sales Center of the Year:
– Northeast/Mid-Atlantic: Clayton Homes of Delmar, Delmar, DE
– South: Titan Factory Direct Homes, Albany, GA
– Midwest: Three Stone Homes, LLC., Rogersville, MO
– West: Advantage Homes, San Jose, CA
Learn more and view photos of each Retail Sales Center
The design awards, bestowed by MHI and the National Modular Housing Council( NMHC), recognize excellence and encourage innovation in manufactured and modular home design and production. A panel of building professionals judged the entries and the following manufacturers received awards:
Manufactured Home Design
– New Single-Section Manufactured Home Design: Astro Single Section 1A135A by Commodore Homes of Pennsylvania
– New Single-Section Manufactured Home Design: Balboa Island Series Cedar Ridge by Clayton Sacramento
– New Manufactured Home Design, (Small Home) 320-600 Square Feet: The Vista by Champion Home Builders, Inc.
– New Manufactured Home Design, 1800 Square Feet or Less: Kingsbrook Contempo Series Model KB-66 by Champion Home Builders, Inc.
– New Manufactured Home Design, Over 1800 Square Feet: Diamond Springs by Clayton Sacramento
Modular Home Design
– New Modular Home Design, 1800 Square Feet or Less: Manorwood Ranch Binkley NG605A by Manorwood Homes
– New Modular Home Design, Over 1800 Square Feet: The Creekside Farmhouse by Clayton Sacramento
– New Modular Multifamily or Duplex Design: Tarpon Harbour by Champion Home Builders, Inc.
Learn more and view photos of the modular homes
Interior Design/Home Merchandising
The following interior design/home merchandising award recognizes excellence in functionality of space/problem solving, visual impact/color and balance for a unified look.
– Outstanding Interior Design: The Victory, Clayton Homes of Desoto, Texas