MHI Names National Industry Award Recipients for Manufactured and Modular Home Designs, Retailers and Communities
(LAS VEGAS, April 25, 2018) — The Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) presented members of the manufactured and modular housing industries with awards for outstanding achievements on April 24 and 25 during its National Communities Council Spring Forum and National Congress and Expo for Manufactured and Modular Housing in Las Vegas.
The annual awards recognize the country’s best manufactured home communities, retail sales centers, lenders, suppliers and industry leaders in new manufactured and modular home designs.
“The award recipients exemplify some of the best the industry offers,” said MHI President & CEO Richard Jennison. “Manufacturers, suppliers, lenders, community owners and retailers work together to create innovative products using the latest technology to help the industry grow, all the while helping people to have a quality, affordable home.”
Jennison added, “Every year the bar is raised to build beautiful, affordable homes with the features homebuyers want and to make manufactured home communities even more desirable places to live.”
The 2018 award-winning accomplishments include:
- Replacing older manufactured homes in a community with energy-efficient, solar-ready manufactured homes.
- Providing a full range of lending programs for retailers and manufacturers, especially to help them rebuild inventories after the devastating storms last year.
- Innovative home designs to meet homebuyer wants and needs.
- Retail sales centers that go the extra mile for a smooth home-buying experience and give back to the community.
Company of the Year Awards
Every year industry leaders vote for the Companies of the Year that are considered the best in their industry sector. The recipients have shown leadership and commitment to the industry during the last year and were chosen by their peers to be honored with the prestigious awards.
- Community Operator of the Year (a tie): YES! Communities & UMH Properties
- Manufacturer of the Year (3 plants or more): Clayton Home Building Group
- Manufacturer of the Year (2 plants or less): Adventure Homes
- Supplier of the Year: Style Crest, Inc.
- National Lender of the Year: 21st Mortgage Corporation
- Regional Lender of the Year: Cascade Financial Services
- Floorplan Lender of the Year: 21st Mortgage Corporation
- Manufactured Home Community Lender of the Year (a tie): Yale Realty & Capital Advisors and Wells Fargo Bank
- Manufactured Home Community Broker or Supplier of the Year: ARA Newmark Manufactured Housing Community Group
Land-Lease Community of the Year Awards
The Land-Lease Community of the Year entries were judged based on a written statement supplied by the entrant, community aesthetics, marketing materials, site plan of the community, community and industry involvement, and the lease and covenants.
- Land-Lease Community of the Year for the South: Woodlake in Greensboro, N.C., YES! Communities
- Land-Lease Community of the Year for the Midwest: Woods Edge in West Lafayette, IN., UMH Properties
- Land-Lease Community of the Year for the West: Rosewood Estates in El Mirage, AZ, YES! Communities
- Land-Lease Community of the Year for the Northeast / Mid-Atlantic: Brook Ridge in Hooksett, N.H., JENSEN Communities
Retail Sales Center of the Year Awards
The Retail Sales Center of the Year award entries are judged based on an entry statement, management philosophy, retail center aesthetics, marketing materials and community and industry involvement.
- Retail Sales Center of the Year for the South: Greenfield Housing Center, Garner, N.C.
- Retail Sales Center of the Year for the Midwest (a tie): Three Stone Homes of Rogersville, MO., and Clayton Homes of Frazeysburg, OH
- Retail Sales Center of the Year for the West: Advantage Homes, San Jose, CA
- Retail Sales Center of the Year for the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic: Oakwood Homes of Farmville, VA
The design awards recognize excellence and encourage innovation in manufactured and modular home design and production.
Manufactured Home Design
- New Manufactured Home Design – Small home under 600 square feet: The Heron by Champion Home Builders
- New Manufactured Home Design – 1,800 square feet or less: Silvercrest Kingsbrook Series, Model 34 by Champion Home Builders
- New Manufactured Home Design – Over 1,800 square feet: The White House by Adventure Homes
- New Single-Section Manufactured Home Design: The Hudson by Adventure Homes
Modular Home Design
- New Modular Home Design – 1,800 square feet or less: The Brooklyn by Champion Home Builders
- New Modular Home Design – Over 1,800 square feet: The Lakeport by Champion Home Builders
- New Modular Multi-Family or Duplex Design: Bresee Project by Palm Harbor Homes
Interior Design/Home Merchandising
The following interior design/home merchandising awards recognizes excellence in functionality of space/problem solving, visual impact/color and balance for a unified look.
- Manufactured or Modular Model Home Interior Design: The Pecos, Clayton Homes of Mabank, TX
- Land Lease Community Clubhouse Interior Design: Sleepy Hollow in Fort Worth, TX, YES! Communities with Lifestylist Brands
A new category this year is energy efficiency.
- National Energy Efficiency Leader of the Year Award: The Village in San Luis Obispo, CA, Newport Pacific Capital
Details about each winner and a selection of photos are on MHI’s website.
MHI is the only national trade organization representing all segments of the factory-built housing industry. MHI members include home builders, lenders, home retailers, community owners and managers, suppliers and affiliated state organizations. Visit MHI on Twitter @MHIUpdate and on Facebook.